MISSION IMPOSSIBLE - THE REINVENTION OF MS CHANEL!

It has been a long time since I've written any blogs but so many things have happened since that time and now it's time to 'relax, release and relate' about it all! September 1st marked a decision making process for me and I decided to call it "MISSION IMPOSSIBLE" - the newest part of my life that alters all that I have been doing and the way of life as I have known it. Why call it "MISSION IMPOSSIBLE"?!?! Well the things I am about to do I thought to be impossible for whatever reasons I decided to give myself but through prayer and support I know now that NOT to be true.

Long story short: Jacksonville, FL relocation 2002, former on air personality but presently a retail sales store manager full time and would LOVE to go back to radio and be an emcee/hostess ALL the time (GOD ITS COMING). I am a mother of 2 (22 yr old son & 20 yr old daughter) and grandmother of 2 beautiful grand-daughters (thanks to my son)!
My son is incarcerated for 66 months, sentenced in 2009 and my daughter, who has been #TEAMNATURAL for the past 15 months, just recently decided to enlist in the USAF which means I will have an EMPTY NEST. As parents we ALL dream of this day but Lord knows when it happens it's one of the most depressing and sad moments of your life. You are happy for your children as they move on but *in frantic voice* WHAT AM I TO DO NOW??!? *sigh* You would think I would be spending time with my other half but he is non-existent for almost 3 years now! *double sigh*

SO as a result of the "long story short" 3 things have been set in to motion:

1) 2 weeks from the date of this blog I will go #TEAMNATURAL and I am BEYOND ready! My daughter has truly been an inspiration to me during her #TEAMNATURAL journey over the past 15 months. I have been preparing for the past 3 months and I feel it's time to be the new me! I LOVE YOU DEE DEE!!

2) Re-enroll in school and complete my BS before my son's release in 2015. I was so unable to concentrate thinking about what he was going through behind those walls but I had to realize and he pointed it out to me that he put himself there and I need to stop beating myself up and holding myself back because of his mistakes. I LOVE YOU TE'!

3) Open up to dating! I have been so surly to my suitors for the past 2.5 years and have probably run away some very good men as a result of this. I felt I didn't have time for any additions to my life with all that I felt was going on in my life.

I had nothing but EXCUSES to prevent me from being happy. I've been so bottled up and consumed with my son's incarceration, making sure my daughter and grand-daughters were ok in life even though I was not OK. There are things that I still will not do as a result of making sure my LEGACY is ok but the 3 point "MISSION IMPOSSIBLE" list WILL be completed AND in a timely fashion!

Follow me through my journey and feel free to comment and share your thoughts. I am open to them so until the next time be NATURALLY HAPPY!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! There comes a time when we have to take control. GOOD FOR YOU! #TeamHappy:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read over my blog I know it sounds easy but it won't be. I am ALL for making sure it happens though, thank you Walking by Faith.

    ReplyDelete

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM