EMPTY NEST (EMPTINESS)

So I've been up since 5 a.m. this morning and I am SO tired I am blogging cross-eyed (not a good look when you have no hair BUT ANYHOO)!!! My baby girl, mini me BKA Deondrea, relocated back home today and to be honest I didn't know how to feel at first. I didn't cry like I thought I was when we were headed to J.I.A. or when we went to check-in and get her boarding pass or when I watched her walk away to get in that LONG line for security. I was so proud of me *sings Huggies commercial* I'M A BIG KID NOW!!! *giggles*

She cried though...
...and THAT'S when it hit me!! As I was driving away from J.I.A. and approaching 9A...it hit me hard that I was here alone now. It hit me that the last of my children had spread her wings to fly away, to become the successful young adult I know she will be! Lord knows I cried all the way home, thinking of the long distance between both of my children and I. It's funny to think that when we have children we think about that day they leave home and get out of our hairs but when the time comes...its one of the HARDEST things to deal with. It's the same transition most of us took when it was time for us to leave our parents home, the same one that we know our children will take but nothing softens the blow of the actual EMPTY NEST (EMPTINESS).

I know this is my time to "DO ME" and get myself together and I am going to do JUST THAT (MISSION IMPOSSIBLE WELL UNDER WAY)!! The umbilical cord has been severed my dearest Deondrea now fly...be ALL that you can be my dear! This life is yours for the taking so TAKE IT BY STORM!! Know that mom loves you and no distance will change what we have! I LOVE YOU!

I AM BEYOND PROUD OF YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM