MEN-strual CYCLE *TIME TO SHED*

MENSTRUATE: (DEFINITION) BODY SHEDDING OF...

OK...my daughter warned me when I cut ALL my hair off some of the things I'd have to endure by way of comments *WOO SAH* but I was not prepared for what I have had to deal with from the males I know. *SMDH* I mean, I am 41 and a lot of the men are my age but being a COUGAR allows me to also have quite a few younger male friends as well and I must say I never knew men could be so DAMN ONE WAY MINDED!! #UGH

Let me clear the air right now and answer questions I have been asked by MULTIPLE male friends (rather an ex, a wanna be or friend):

Q: What is wrong with you?
A: Why does ANYTHING have to be "wrong" with me? #UGH

Q: Why did you cut off all your hair?
A: Cause I wanted to and cause I could!!

Q: Are you gay now?
A: About as gay as you are!!

Q: Can I rub your head?
A: Why? Don't you have 2 of your own to rub?

Q: What is a man supposed to pull on when y'all are intimate now?
A: The same thing he was pulling on before we were intimate...that OTHER woman! NEXT!!

Q: Is this a mid-life crisis, are you going through something?
A: YEP...my MEN-strual cycle

If you look at the beginning of this blog I gave the definition to MENstruate. You are probably wondering WHY I am talking about my MEN-strual cycle, right? Well to menstruate is to "shed or rid the body of..." and I now realize and my daughter told me this too, that I am going to have to surround myself with a new group of people due to my natural hair decision. I didn't think that would be the case for me as I just KNEW I had more mature, adult men folk around me but I was wrong...TOTALLY wrong!

So I am now MENstruating...shedding/ridding myself of all the negative males that have nothing positive to say. Shedding/ridding myself of all the negative men who can't embrace the fact that being feminine has NOTHING to do with the length or grade of my hair. Shedding/ridding myself of all the negative men who feel like a woman has to be going through something because she wants her INNER beauty to shine, making physicality secondary.

I knew cutting my hair would bring about a LOT of changes but the men in my life...didn't see that one coming so if reading this makes you ball your toes up in your shoes or you get offended you MUST be one of the folk I am referencing. There is no need to text me or inbox me with more questions, apologies or what have you's, it's all good. I ain't mad atcha *in Tupac's voice* I just know where your head really resides!

Inner/Natural beauty is one that'll be there forever! Go back to your high school days, look at the HOTTEST chicks in high school and look at her NOW!! 9 times out of 10 she does NOT look that good anymore! Outer beauty fades most times and when it does will you still want to be there? Will that not so cute person keep your attention anymore? Will you/do you find yourself looking at hotter women, feeling the urge to cheat because you were attracted only to her physical presence and nothing else was there to keep you satisfied?

How about that sista with intellect; the one who can hold a conversation that intrigues you til the morning light? That sista peaked your interest due to her inner beauty. Brothers find a sista that has that and what her hair looks like will be of no interest to you because you'll love her just the way she is...INTERNALLY BEAUTIFUL!

I know no woman will ever say this but in my case I LOVE MY MEN-strual CYCLE! On to the new, better, understanding group of males! I know you're out there somewhere! Only GOD'S approval desired and required! #TEAMNATURAL

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM