Mother of an incarcerated son: MADISION C.I. 1st visit

Today was a day like no other that I've had in a LONG time ... since Christmas of last year as a matter of fact! I had not seen my son since that time. He'd gotten in some trouble at Mayo C.I., shipped off to Madison C.I. and immediately put into confinement which meant NO visits!!

I'd been trying since April (when he was finally released from confinement) to see him but it just was not working in my favor. I thank GOD he is not a "pushy" child, he totally understood why mom couldn't come see him and said as long as I am writing him he is fine. I, on the other hand, was not fine and as time passed I was beginning to think I wouldn't see my son again until the holidays BUT GOD heard my prayers ... our prayers and made it so that was not the case.

One of the young ladies my son use to date became my beacon of light ... Chaunyce. She'd been approved for visitation since my son was sentenced (over 3 years ago) but never had an opportunity to go. NOW WAS HER TIME!! She was ready to roll and roll we did! We hit I-10 rollin!!

Madison is a straight shot there unlike Mayo and Brevard.

He was unaware that he was going to have a visit so it caught him completely off guard and as soon as he walked into the visitation area I JUMPED UP CRYING! We hugged, rocked and I grabbed kisses for a few seconds (felt like minutes) ... seems like it had been so long since I'd seen my child. He looked good, strong and his emotional and mental status seemed to be the same way (THANK YOU LORD)!!

*tears* THIS WAS THE MOST AWESOME VISIT EVER and I am still so FULL. I feel the need to cry, to scream out PRAISES! There is SO much JOY inside me right now! I can not understand how parents voluntarily leave or abandon their children as this involuntary leave kills me daily! I am SO thankful for how good my son looks, how great his spirits are in-spite of his circumstances. I had to let the staff know how much I enjoyed our visit. The facility and all the staff were beautiful! This has been the best camp he's been in since his incarceration.

People judge my son by his current situation but I thank GOD for it because if it had not been for the LORD on our side I truly believe I'd be visiting a grave instead of a prison! All praises to GOD that trouble doesn't last always. It's not the easiest position in the world, being the MOTHER OF AN INCARCERATED SON, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and with all my GOD sees fit for me to endure I CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS!!

I am totally encouraged because I know EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT! We have 2 years left of this current situation before my Father brings about the winds of change. I will be ready ... even if I am NOT ready I WILL BE!

4 comments:

  1. Awww you almost got me crying over here. I am so so SO glad that i was able to bring you to see him and im so glad i finally got the courage to. Like ive always told you from day one you will ALWAYS be my momma #2 even if me and Te' arent together lol. I love you momma! And we definitely have to do it again SOON

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually battle this but its the guy who pushed me away! He's been my love since 06......... Due to his mother, im glad u actually talked with this young lady and let her see him, my guys mother talked him into denying my visits. A daily battle it is but I still hold hope to see him! Good for u and hope u c him soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niecey it's ok to cry (smile)! I am glad you finally got to see him and get the jitters out!

    Thanks Kenya, it WAS truly an awesome day for me!

    Kayla, I hope that situation works out for you hun.

    ReplyDelete

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM