Why don't doctors support veganism?

I had a doctors appointment a few weeks ago. It was a follow-up visit to my physical a few weeks before. It was an overall great visit. She praised my weight loss, down 30+ lbs since last years physical. She was excited to see that my "bad" cholesterol level, that was extremely elevated from the 2016 physical, had dropped SEVERAL points and back within normal range. She had pretty much given me a clean bill of health UNTIL I said advised her that my successes are ALL due to the VEGAN LIFE!

You'd have thought I had said I lost the weight doing crack by the look on her face!! As soon as I mentioned vegan she began asking about my protein intake. I told her I thought I was getting enough but sometimes I am a little fatigued. She then says "I need you to eat fish for the amino acids that plants can't give. At least twice a month. I'd prefer 1-2 times weekly". So I then ask her if there is a natural supplement for amino acids as I did not and had not planned on eating any fish. She tells me "not that I know of".

Clearly she could NOT be serious!! So I call on my vegan guru, the one who inspired me to try the vegan life, my friend Monica Monet! She advised she takes one and gave me the info. I then looked up my own supplements and found a vegan amino acid on Amazon. I am a PRIME member so this was right up my alley. The capsules were plantcaps which is what I was told to look for. I'll keep you posted on how it works for me and if I feel any different.

Her response truly made me think. Medical professionals are not trained to cure but to treat. This keeps big pharma rolling in the big bucks and them as well. No she didn't recommend my taking medicines but the thought of eating animals made me feel like it would only be a matter of time. I will begin looking into physicians with knowledge of plant based diets who know and understand how to properly treat us vegans without recommending eating animals of any kind. I am still stunned by her response. Veganism may have saved my life! I see changes in other health issues since going this route and I don't see me leaving this lifestyle ANY TIME SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM