30 Days of Thankfulness 2017 - Day 2

This day was a bit melancholy. December 2016 I was told my most recent mammogram showed abnormalities that required an immediate follow-up. I received call after call from my doctors office as well as the diagnostic facility. I dodged them all for 2 months straight. Now, here it is, over a year later and THAT follow-up has been scheduled. Why so long you say?

I lost my FAVORITE lady, my grandmother, to breast cancer 6/10/1988 ... the day I graduated from high school. I did not want to go through what I saw of her end days. So with it being an entire year later, could the issue now be worse? Possibly. Could my almost a year in vegan lifestyle have changed some things? ABSOLUTELY and now it was time to find out.

I'm not looking for pity, sympathy or prayers (you don't want everybody praying for you when you don't know their prayer life and if they even have one) but I wrote this to encourage EVERY female to take care of their breast. Self-Check monthly and follow up as instructed to prevent any worsening. I knew this could go in either direction BUT trust me when I say there would be NO CHEMO PUT IN THIS BODY! NONE! ZILCH! NADA! I OVERstood that no matter the outcome the Most High would be with me.

November 2, day 2 of #30daysofThankfulness - I was ever so thankful for the AWESOME mammogram followed by an ultrasound reports received. The exam showed 2 nodules - one was present on the 1st mammogram so that means a new one has developed BUT there's been NO growth in the 1st which is AWESOME! At this point they only want to monitor them so I have to follow- up in 6 months. I KNOW it is a result of my vegan/healthy lifestyle change, positive thinking/energy AND prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM