M&M Update - He Keeps On Doin' GREAT Things!

Misty text me this morning that she had finally broken down ... I was surprised that she'd held up that long. This is day 5 and she's gone through a great deal of things on top of having a newborn in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Both mom and baby have been fighting a great fight so for her to just now break down, I had to let her know ...

Shortly after that text Misty called me to give an update on Mikaela. Miss thing pulled the feeding tube out of her nose BUT that was fine because she has been feeding fine orally since yesterday when I was there for her 9:00 a.m. feeding. This meant they did not have to reinsert the tube!! I had to hit the celebratory baby dance for Mikaela ...

Not only is the feeding tube gone but ALL the tubes, cords, wires, and other attachments are gone! They have taken her off of everything to include the heat lamp therapy that she seemed to be so fond of. The last test she has to pass is the car seat test and you'd best believe that seat has been provided to the testers! I just need y'all to understand, my baby had the masses sending up prayers on her and mom's behalf. There were and still are mountains being moved for their healthy, speedy recoveries.

I am thankful for the techs, nurses and doctors who have dutifully been on their jobs to take care of these two but even more I thank my Father up above for giving these folk their gifts of compassion and caring. I takes a lot to work in the medical field ... I did it for 18 years and chucked the deuces because I no longer had it in me.

Mom is still in the same health position, slowly but surely getting better. Please keep her lifted in prayer. That preeclampsia is a BEAST! I would not wish this condition on ANYONE, not even my worst enemy. I believe this is preparing her for something much bigger than herself. This has been a painful ordeal but no pain no gain as the fitness world says. It can apply to EVERYTHING in life though. Get ready for your something new Misty, it's coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM