Cee and Gee as told by WE - Part 2: Putting the cards on the table

INTRO

Relationships fail and when you can’t figure out why or how things went array you revisit these things. No not to rekindle any flames although it can happen, but simply attempting to set the record straight. This blog is the relationship tale of Cee and Gee as told by WE, me and he. His story will be in bold so it is easier to follow who is saying what without any confusion or doubt. For exactly 90 days (Jan 7-Apr 7) we attempted to build something that felt so right but ultimately failed. There is fault on both our parts but how much of it will either agree belongs to whom? I will be totally honest, I don’t know where this will go and if we will even get through the entire 90 days in this blog but you’ll have to read and stay tuned to find out.

Part 1, we left off on the establishment of a relationship date. The first 30 days, on that 7th day of January when it was told to me that I would not be single, I decided to be straight forward with all things to move forward! We all have a past that should not determine the future but it is sometimes relevant to move forward! We all have a past that should not determine the future but it is sometimes relevant to move forward and our past was closer related than I was truly aware of. With that being said, I laid all of my cards on the table so to speak about my previous poor choices, being responsible for those choices and not placing blame on anyone else for my state of affairs. I made sure that she was aware that one of her associates was someone from my past. I told her that she would not have nice things to really say about me because said individual still has their own problems she fail to address. I admit that I was hoe in my youth and like the saying goes it’s easy to get into trouble, harder to get out. The getting to know you better process was interesting to say the least. From Gee’s past to his present, there was SO much information to consume. As I said in the previous blog, I knew Gee but only on a fun level. The party animal that loved to drink but he was always fun to be around so when it came time to get to know the Gee that would turn ME to WE I wasn’t really prepared. As he stated, our pasts were linked closer than either of us knew. So close, in fact, that he reached out to an ex of mine to let him know we were dating. I was shocked because I never knew they were that close to even remotely THINK to do that. I, in turn, reached out to the young lady that he dated.

I was NOT prepared for the ear full I received, well, I was and wasn't. Some of the things she said hit home hard, almost sounding like she was speaking directly about some of what he and I had said and done to date and those things were not easy to simply dismiss. Of course I discussed my concerns and thoughts about all that was said with Gee and told him what I expected. I had to grow up so I had been working on me, to fix what was wrong with in first. I did that part but people still will only see what was and not what is if they don't truly see you with that being said I listened to what Chanel was telling me and what she needed so I did my best to compromise and change what I could to make us work because I chose to for me first then us. I have to admit, this was all new to me and after 7 years of being single and living with a single life mentality, it was really hard to change. Having to deal with some of the things that were falling into my lap, in a new relationship, was a bit overwhelming; from his health to his finances and his past and present. It almost made me want to run for the hills but I had to remember not everything is perfect in life and I needed to

This was still really new so I had to slow my fast pacing Gemini/bi-polar mind down and just begin to focus on making this thing work. After all, I was the one who initiated it all. The only thing that required some assistance was my communication, which I was honest about needing work. It’s kinda hard to fix that part, I mean its only so much talking to yourself one can do! I made efforts to work on my health, which is still an everyday struggle but I push forward. When you have been doing things for almost 30+ years it’s a lil harder to change those things. I still worked to change those things every day; I just wish she had the patience to see that! We shared belief in the man upstairs which should be in all relationships, in my opinion and you don't have to be all churchy!

These were some of our best moments ... reading the word before bed, rather we were together or in our own beds. We would read together over the phone when we were apart. I loved that! This began when he came to stay at my place for a week ... the first big effort made to kick this thing off right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM