Denouncing my #TEAMCOUGAR card

My EPIPHANY has caused some thought provoking moments here lately! *read the EPIPHANY blog*

As long as I can remember I have been a self-proclaimed member of #TEAMCOUGAR and quite proud of it! There is, well WAS, nothing like the company of a male 10-15 years younger than myself! *Do NOT judge me*! The fun times, conversations (sometimes), activities (WHEW)...the many many things that a "CUB" could pull off that some men my age could not. No...it is not all about sex, not at all BUT it certainly does NOT hurt...FA SHO! *giggles*

Most times with being a COUGAR you are not necessarily looking for a full time relationship but a

,someone to spend time with when there was a need and time to be spent. Someone to enjoy a movie and dinner with occasionally, walk the beach, simply laugh and enjoy life with no restrictions or foolishness.

Huh? What was that? Why couldn't I do this with men my age? Well...that's a GREAT question!!
Answer: seems to be an epidemic of men my age wanting to be 10-15 years younger and acting on it!

What?!? What do they do you ask? Even BETTER question!!
Answer: All of a sudden wanting to grow braids/dreads (knowing full well your hair line does NOT support that and hasn't in FOREVER)! Sporting the fronts, TOP AND/OR BOTTOMS (seriously though?!?!)!! Pants slightly sagging (not as bad as the really young ones but a slight sag - WHY?!?!)! Calling a grown woman "shawty" (WTFDDDA?!?!?) or any other name aside from her own or simply "excuse me miss"!! My list could go on and on BUT the moral of the story is why date a man pretending to be "younger" when I can simply get the real thing?!?!?

I don't know...it's been a crazy ride here these past 9, almost 10 years but this EMPTY NEST has shown me being a team leader and manager on #TEAMCOUGAR is not cutting it anymore. When my apartment was buzzing with my LEGACY it was easier to be a COUGAR, didn't want my children or grand-children meeting anyone anyways. I did not want anyone feeling neglected or left out as a result of my attention and time given to my LEGACY either so it all worked out BUT now...OH but now...it's totally different. There is no buzz of my son, my daughter or grand-daughters on a regular so now it's just me, myself and I. That "hurry up and buy" type of activity is no longer acceptable in my sight! *smile*

At 41 years of age

YES, 41...you see it, I need to be settling down! Life is FAR too short and I am not getting any younger (as my son so POLITELY told me)!! So now, the quest changes!! It's a must that I denounce my #TEAMCOUGAR card and "play" no more but focus seriously on my internal and eternal happiness!

No this doesn't mean I am going on an all out older man hunt, hitting all the online sites or clubbing then going on date after date after date...OH HELLSSSSS NO but what it does mean is it's time to get in-line with my "FATHER" and watch it all fall into place! Feel me? So as much as it pains me to let it go...my platinum COUGAR card

with mile high milage (dies laughing) has to be cut up, shredded and thrown away! As of 10/01/2011 I will no longer participate in COUGARISH activities! This is harder than being drafted to #TEAMNATURAL but it's all a part of MISSION IMPOSSIBLE proudly renamed THE REINVENTION OF MS CHANEL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM