D.I.F.F.E.R.E.N.T. - THAT'S ME!

I awaken today feeling different...
I don't know what you did to me but I just...feel...different
Here lately you've been that rock that solidifiess me
...that ship that keeps me afloat in this rough ocean
...that tissue that wipes me tears
...that finger to my chin that lifts my head when it's down and says "it's going to be ok, WE will see to that!"

This morning...I...am...different
I like how when you speak there is no "I" or "me" but "WE"
I like how you cater to my needs
I like how without my saying a single, solitary word you know what I am thinking
I like how simply being around you brightens my darkest of days

I feel so different
What have you done to me?
You took time to find places I didn't know exist
You took time to open up parts of me I thought were permanently closed and off limits
You took time to listen and remember things I'd forgotten I told you

You've made me different
You didn't judge me for my past
You didn't think once about removing yourself from my presence in those awkward times
You didn't turn your back when I was homeless, jobless and felt worthless...instead you put your back to mine and stood with me

D I F F E R E N T...that's me:

Definitely
In this
Friendship
For
Ever
Realizing
Everyday is a
New day
Thru and with you

For ALL of this...I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM