WHAT A WEEKEND - 24 Hour No Complaints

I decided to hold off on the blogs for the weekend. My daughter and son-in-love were here and I knew there'd be so much to blog about. Days 3-6 were absolutely wonderful!!

My daughter and future son-in-love visited for the weekend. They arrived late Thursday/early Friday morning. It had been since May that we'd seen each other. It's always a great time when we get together.

Friday, Day 3 of Challenge 3.0 #thestartover was an AWESOME day! My daughter drove me to work, bought me breakfast AND picked me up (no JTA today boo boo). Work was great, as it has been for the past 2-3 weeks with this challenge. After work, we all chilled until time to meet up with my #LeoKing for dinner and drinks. She had heard so much about him over the phone in the last month and a half, it was time to finally meet. No, I didn't need her approval to date him but when you are dating and you have children I am a firm believer that all should meet and see how they vibe. Children, no matter the age, tend to pick up on things we may miss. They were actually able to talk and have a great time!

What a blessing it is when everyone can get along. Even my son was accepting, in his own way. He usually talks about everyone and likes no one ... I have not heard ONE word from him. Anyone who knows my son KNOWS that is damn near magic for that to happen! #Day3wasaGOODday

What a dope day Saturday Day 4 of Challenge 3.0 turned out to be. Hit the beach with the young adults for some line dancing with my line dance family. THAT'S how you start a day the right way.

This awesome activity was immediately followed by time with my 4 favorite girls.

I didn't get to see my #LeoKing at all but we spoke several times so all is well with the world. There was absolutely nothing to complain about on Days 3 and 4. It's like all the positive energy in the universe aligned itself with my vibrations and gave me back what I was doing my best to give! THIS is what you call a NO COMPLAINT R.O.I. (return on your investment)!! #Day4wasaGREATday

I had to work a long shift so that meant I had to leave all of my babies. I wasn't happy, after all it was the first time ever that all 4 of my girls were together but I had to go get that money and God willing I will see them all again, together, soon! Work, as always, was short handed with the usual call out but what that does is make for a faster day ... or so I thought. Yesterday had to be the slowest, longest day on earth! (laughs loudly) That is NOT a complaint but an observation. I can't quite remember a slower day to be honest but I made it through. Day 5 ended with all the grands gone but it still come to a wonderful close. My daughter and son in love took me to dinner.

We enjoyed the LAST SUPPER together before they depart tomorrow.

Don't let the absence of full smiles fool you, we enjoyed ourselves but we were all tired. Besides, we were smizing! Dinner was followed by convo with the #LeoKing and sleep. This is how I brought Day 5 to a close, with him on my mind and in my heart which made for a great nights sleep. It also took me away from the thoughts of my daughter leaving. Although my son resides here we rarely cross paths so it's like living alone. #Day5wasanEMOTIONALday

So how does this all end?

Monday, today, Day 6 was a good day even though it continued on an emotional track. Why? It is the day my daughter and son-in-love leave for VA. I wish she lived here with my son and I but as I said previously, at some point the adult child must leave the house. One of the bright spots of the is we were able to have a 2 Kweens and 2 Kings lunch with my #LeoKing before they hit the road. I have to admit I watched them as they ate, walked through the grocery store and finished packing for their departure. The more I watch the sadder I became. I never once complained about them leaving, 1) it wouldn't change anything but 2) I was too thankful for the time we had together. That's how you remain complaint free, find the positive in EVERYTHING because EVERYTHING does have a positive side.

Thankfully, it's my favorite day of the week ... MARVELOUS MONDAY ... the day I teach line dance aerobics. Dancing always makes any day better. It was a smaller class than usual but that gave me a chance to do more dances because I didn't have to break too much down.

So now, let me ask, have you gotten on-board for the 24 Hour, No Complaint challenge? If so, have you been successful? Share your trials and triumphs with me and other readers who may need some inspiration and motivation. Tell us how it's going because we all know attempting to get and keep positive energy is tough but remember, we fall down but we get up.

If you tried and failed ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM