Starting Over Day 2 - 24 Hours No Compliants

So here I go ... AGAIN ... round 3 of this 24 Hours No Complaints challenge. Maybe I should call it "Challenge 3.0", whatcha'll think? Any who, it is now Day 2 and what a day it has been!!

This day started off REALLY rough and hasn't fully recovered yet but at least there was no reason to complain and for that I am grateful. A very good friend, more like a brother as he was definitely family to me, passed unexpectedly in the wee hours of the morning. That is the news I woke up to, the very first thing I saw in my DM. After speaking with a family member to verify the validity of what I'd been told I broke down ... ALL THE WAY DOWN! I am not saddened in his passing, as we are supposed to rejoice and celebrate in the goodness of his life, but I am hurting as well as shocked at how sudden it was.

Beckett was a part of the first group of artists, here in Duval, to embrace me when my radio career began in late 2005, ended December 31, 2007, moved to other entertainment ventures through today! That entire group of wonderful music makers became family to me so the loss this morning was a HUGE BLOW!! There is so much I could say about him in this blog (ALL GOOD THINGS) but I'll just say I'm still laughing at his 'Miss Sophia march' up and down the shore of Guana River State Park on July 10, 2011 JUST to catch that ONE little fish after fishing for hours on that day!

There were NOTHING but good times with this man, all wonderful memories and that's what makes his passing a celebration in my eyes. He was a great father and friend. I celebrate his life, the lives he touched and those he brought together today in light of his passing. I spoke with, DM'd, PM'd, messaged and text with several of the artist family I mentioned above. This would not have happened had it not been for Beckett. He is indeed loved.

REST IN HEAVEN MY BROTHER!

I did not leave my apartment today, it rained really hard and I just sat around thinking about those good times THEN it hit me ... MY DAUGHTER AND SON-IN-LOVE ARE VISITING ME FROM VIRGINIA TODAY! The celebration grew as she and I spoke of Beckett and her arrival. It brought me to tears, for the second time today, when I received my #Viewsfromtheroad pictures of Dee and Dre on their way to FLA!!!

Talk about a happy mother ... I am THAT! I miss my baby girl not being here with my son and I but at some point they must leave the nest and grow up! I am just ready for them to get here and have all three of my granddaughters here as well! It's going to be a family weekend and let me NOT forget my #LeoKing! (insert dreamy eyes) Conversations with him on a daily and his reassurances of "WE ARE" today made an already blessed life so much more fulfilling. HE IS THE TRUTH and has given the song an entirely new meaning for me. EVERY SINGLE WORD breathes life into how I feel about him.

I can stop this here because everything is good, all good! So now tell me, how was your day? Have you taken on the challenge to increase your positive energy, work on vibrating higher and feel healthier mentally and emotionally? All of this is achieved by eliminating complaining! If so, how'd it go? If not, what are you waiting on? Talk to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM