Day 2 - 24 Hours No Complaints

I said yesterday that Day 2 was going to be as good if not better than Day 1 and you know what? I spoke BETTER THAN into existence because it definitely topped Day 1!! Understand, in order to be successful in ANYTHING there has to be a plan.

Lets start with the meat and potatoes of the day, what started it off so well after the #1 reason - being blessed to see a new day. Mid-way through my work day I was called into my managers office. I had been asked previously to take a part-time key holder position but going to school full-time as well as teaching a line dance aerobics class every Monday had me unsure if I wanted to take on that responsibility. I have previous retail store manager experience and I know management could not have set schedules. This would be a must for me in order to finish school and teach my classes. I discussed these concerns with the management team as well as asked about pay. They were willing to work with me on the hours so I said I would take it dependent on the wage. Yesterday, during that meeting, I was advised of the pay and offered the position ... I ACCEPTED!!

I left retail previously because I wasn't a fan of the hours BUT what I found in that one year I stepped away to work a 9-5 Monday-Friday job was that I enjoyed the retail hours much more than I thought! So what did I do? I came back to the place my heart longed to be ... retail, working face to face with customers. I have been on my current job for 2 years now and worked in EVERY department. This promotion is a true blessing. Things are finally looking up and going my way.

After getting that good news I knew I did NOT want to stay in, I needed to celebrate. A good friend of mine was having his 4th annual #FlySocksandTees party so I immediately knew what the move was going to be. I left work with joy in my heart and a skip in my strut because I had a great day and it was about to get even better!

So as you can see there was a 90's theme. I knew I wasn't going to be dressed for that because in the 90's I was a mom of 2 and married. I wasn't going to represent that but upon a quick search I found lots of denim, short dresses, tall socks, sneakers and boots. I could handle that EASY!

There are several other pictures that were taken last night but I won't post them. They aren't bad but just know we had LOTS of fun. It definitely topped off a successful, complaint free Day 2. By the end of the night I began thinking, the only thing that could actually seal the deal would be to see my Leo King ... Mfalme wangu. I put it in the air and VOILA ...

Black Panther came to calm the Storm ... it is one of the things he does best! Day 2 was definitely one helluva day! Now, halfway through Day 3, let me see what this will be. If you are taking this challenge, let me know how your Day 1 and 2 were. In your success, what obstacles did you face that almost made you complain, if any? If you failed, did you get back up and try again? What was the complaint that caused you to fail and how do you plan to get past it if it occurs again?

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM