Mother of an incarcerated son - Don't pray and worry

I have been beside myself for the past 2 weeks. I hadn't heard from my son which was so not like him. I am all he has and he makes that CLEAR in 80% of his letters and just as he gets worried when he doesn't hear from me I too get worried when I don't hear from him.

I have always been told "if you're going to worry don't pray and if you pray don't worry". I've tried my best to live by that statement, especially the older I get because you can NOT let things you can't control bring you down. Stress is a silent killer and I found myself being guilty of worrying and stressing this week.

My son is not in the best place in the world, as you all know. The fact that the same acts of violence we are subjected to on the street he too is subjected to in prison makes it so hard for me not to become that worried mother. Prison is SUPPOSED to be a place of rehabilitation but how can that happen if you can watch rape and murder in those very walls?? Just the thought of those recent events he wrote to me about keeps me in constant prayer for him and I pray he constantly prays for himself.

Well I received a letter today and all the bridge walking I'd done, the wonderful lunch and date I had...all went out the window when I saw that envelope. The first thing I do is look at the address every time I get a letter and this time there was a change. He has been moved to the prison annex which would explain the gap in communication. He is fine and continuously shows me he will BE fine. I just have to get over the protective mother stage...does anyone know when that will happen?

For any of my blog followers who would like to send him a line or 2 here is the address:

Dante' Vann #J34342 F2
Mayo Correctional Institution Annex
8784 West U.S. 27
Mayo, FL 32066

I so appreciate you all for following my blog and allowing me to spread a little...well...a lot of my life into yours. Thank you all for the continued prayers you send our way. I won't be worrying anymore...my Father has it!

2 comments:

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM