Mother of an incarcerated son - How well do we really know our children?

I had been telling my son about my blog for a while and he had been asking me to send him some of it, I did. Today I received a letter in response to the first 3 blogs I'd written. I thought I knew my child but he showed me just how much I DID NOT! He broke the blogs down and provided additional info to add. He expressed how "wrong" I was on certain events and proceeded to tell me the "real deal". There were things I DEFINITELY didn't need to know or would have ever thought my son would have done.

LORD all I want to know is where did this come from? As a parent when you know you've taught and raised your child to the best of your ability AND better than that how does such defiance to all that is right come into play? This, some how, has to be a direct reflection of something I did or did not do in bringing him up. I guess I don't know my child like I thought I did but honestly how many of us really do?

In one of my blogs I asked when will the pain and tears stop when it comes to my son and his ways because I was feeling as though it would not be happening anytime soon. GOD answered and said they are only temporary so I smile because I know HE has more in store for my son and this CAN'T be it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM