Mother of an incarcerated son - THANKSGIVING (through the eyes of my son)

I received a letter from my son today. It was in response to my Happy Thanksgiving letter/card:

"Queen,

I don't celebrate Thanksgiving or believe in but I hope you enjoy (enjoyed) yours! On this day a cracker named Christopher Columbus came to America, after dropping slaves on the islands, with a boat full of slaves and a disease called Herpes and took over the Indians land. Therefore putting slavery into effect on the "land of the FREE"! I have a distaste for everything now pretty much and my favorite quote comes from Elijah Muhammad! He said 'This is the hate that hate created'! No, I am not a Muslim but I am aware of the European American (white man) traditions and customs we accepted thru religion, which has been carried and passed down thru generations."

It's amazing what being made to sit down will do to you. Don't judge him by his terminology used or his thoughts, only GOD can do that. I am glad to see him opening his mind and broadening his knowledge on history or whatever else he deems necessary. Continue reading son!

Love Mom

**just wanted to share some thoughts from my son**

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM