Mother of an incarcerated son - KEPT AWAY FROM FLESH & BLOOD: PART 1

Question to the mothers of sons: has your son ever dated a young lady that you just wished he had made a different choice?

I get a call in August or September 2009 advising me of a possible pregnancy, its between 2 men and my son is one. I must say, that took a LOT of courage and nerve to put that out there BUT I had only the UTMOST respect for her for keeping it real. I also have to be TOTALLY honest and admit, THIS phone call immediately sent me in to PRAYER as this was the SAME young lady who I was advised had my son jumped in the club and who, when I asked her not to call my home ANYMORE at the request of my son, called me out of my name. YES, she called me the "B" word *the horror*!!! I have NO respect for anyone who has no respect for me.

I didn't hear anymore from this young lady until she went into labor. After the baby was born I asked for a picture and I have to say she and Daysha looked almost IDENTICAL at birth. I showed the picture to Nana Danielle and she asks me when did I take that picture of Daysha and was TOTALLY shocked when I advised that was NOT Daysha. Both have the signature COOPER forehead that Dante's father so lovingly shares with all of his children and grandchildren! *laughs*

Things got a little crazy at this point, especially for the next 6 months, because all of a sudden this baby was the other young man's baby. Pictures of the baby and her "daddy" posted all over Facebook with folk commenting on how much she looked like her "daddy". I didn't QUITE know how to feel about all this, I mean, you called me talking about it may be my grandchild and then pretty much snatch her away. Now keep in mind no DNA testing of ANY kind had been done to determine who the father is but this is "daddy". What I think it really was? This is who you wanted the father to be so that's how you played it...until the tables turned! It wasn't until the the mother of the "daddy" got involved that the gears shifted. She wasn't accepting the baby as her granddaughter so now you're calling and wanting to get my son's info so he can be tested, MIND YOU, this is 6 months in to the baby's life.

**SIDE NOTE** Being a "nana" is a very special job and takes a very special kind of person to truly execute this GOD given task!! I simply can not imagine missing one moment of Daysha's life, the first 6 months are so essential.

By now I am really feeling some kind of way, what exactly IS the deal here?!?! So this is the point where you are now bringing her around and getting acquainted with Daysha's mom Ashlee, when you can. This was a really important and adult move on both of the mothers as they are young and share a "baby daddy" who , for whatever reason, brings drama to situations. Why my son??? Anyway, things seem to be going fine UNTIL you want to get jealous and feel like I am showing favoritism!!! *drags needle across record* WTF?!?!??! Now I am a bit more confused and pissed off as: 1) we still don't know if she is my son's or not (although the results of the other "daddy" came back not the father) and 2) I've been with Daysha from DAY ONE! It would be crazy to think my bond with her would be any different than its always been. I have to get to know the beautiful little girl you are introducing into our lives 6 months later.

You then begin writing my son filling his head with that foolishness about favoritism like he was gon' check me, really?!?! NO ONE puts funds on his books but ME! NO ONE goes to visit him but ME on a consistent basis so imagine him doing that...RIGHT! So moving on...this goes on for a bit, this favoritism conversation to the point that now Ashlee, Daysha's mom is feeling slightly offended. The icing on the cake; I take Daysha to VA to meet the Vann clan and all kind of negativity pops up on Facebook. Like what you ask? Well your daughter doesn't need another side of the family, you and your family are all she needs, stuff like that. When this is brought to my attention and I address it you try to tell me it wasn't meant for me but for the other "daddy" family. Did they really care, she wasn't their family?? (I guess I was born yesterday)


It had gotten to the point that (STILL pre-DNA results) I took Christmas gifts back!! You are so mad that you tell folk "she ain't gotta buy my baby nothing" then 2 months later you ask are we coming to her 1st birthday party, like really??!!? You don't bring her by, you talk crap about me and now you want to know are we coming? You should have already known the answer to that. So here again, the baby is snatched away (2nd time since birth and there is 1 more MAJOR take away).

DNA results come back...


***NANA LOVES YOU MI'JAEL C VANN***

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM