Mother of an incarcerated son - GOD SENDS

Being in Jacksonville, Florida alone, no other family besides my children and I was hard. It became even harder when my son began his run with the law. I remember crying out to GOD on a daily basis, when my son was on the run, praying for something to help keep me sane, grounded and my mind off of the fact that my son may be going away for a very long time. I needed something, someone to assist in keeping me on track while my son was away because rather anyone knew it or not I felt a nervous break down coming on and fast!

During all my talks with my FATHER I found out I had one and a possible grandchildren on the way. THAT was overwhelming but I've always heard 'be careful and VERY specific" of what you ask GOD for because he will give you JUST that! I didn't quite know how to feel about the thought of having grand-children who will not have the benefit of their father being a part of their lives, the part that is so important in a child's life. Those tender years when they are so impressionable and vulnerable to the world around them, the time when fathers are SO crucial and important. I felt some kind of way about them growing up like their own father...FATHERLESS!!

December 4, 2009 Miss Daysha Michelle Vann was born. It was a day that would forever change my life, my way of thinking and being. I was there for her birth and have not been out of place since. It's like she was put on this earth JUST FOR ME! She has been attached to me from day one. Don't believe me? Ask her mother, her other nana, her auntie Dee Dee...you can even ask her father, who gets upset with her actions during visitations!!

She is MY baby! *laughs* She has been my little Rock of Gibraltar. Along with Miss Daysha came a family I can ONLY thank GOD for! Her mother Ashley and her other nana Danielle are truly GOD SENDS and have been that way since before my little angel was born.

Now, the possible, who we met when she was about 6 months, turned out to be a FOR SURE shortly after her 1st birthday if my memory serves me correctly. February 24, 2010 Miss Mi'Jael was born. I missed her birth and the first 6 months of her life but once allowed in I did what I could, took her to see her daddy
and that was love at first sight (as you can see). It's truly unfortunate that this beautiful little lady is no longer allowed to be in our lives (that's a separate blog).

I find utter joy in being a nana! As both Miss Daysha and Miss Mi'Jael approach the 2-year-old mark I realize just how much time has passed for my son's sentence. I haven't had a chance to stay focused on the 66 months he was sentenced to serve as I've been watching these beautiful babies grow (one more than the other sadly to say). I am so thankful that I was blessed with a little piece of my son as he serves his time. A piece of him I can love on until he is home and able to love on them himself.


There is NOTHING like the love of anything GOD blesses you with!

2 comments:

  1. Lisa Burney Dante 2nd mother.November 2, 2011 at 8:58 PM

    YOU ARE SUCH A SWEET, LOVING, KINDHEARTED PERSON. OUR SON IS BLESSED TO HAVE YOU AS A MOTHER.I CAN WITNESS YOU HAVE TOUCHED MY LIFE IN SO MANY WAYS AND SO MANY OTHERS. I THANK GOD FOR DANTE BECAUSE OF HIM I WAS ABLE TO MEET YOU. GOD PLACED YOU IN AND AROUND MY LIFE FOR A REASON AND I THANK HIM EVERY DAY FOR YOU. I AM JUST WAITING TO SEE ALL THE WONDERFUL THINGS GOD IS GOING TO CONTINUE TO DO IN OUR SON LIFE, BECAUSE HE HAS ALREADY STARTED THE PROCESS. GOD THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING DANTE THIS PATH OF LIFE FOR I KNOW NOT THE REASON BUT YOU DID. THANKING GOD IN ADVANCE FOR IT ALL. DANTE IS A SMILE AND A BLESSING TO ME. KEEP HOLDING ON TO GODS UNCHANGING HANDS BECAUSE CHANEL HE HAS A LOT IN STORE FOR YOU. THIS IS JUST YOUR BEGINNING FRIEND.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa, Dante's 2nd mother (smile)!! Your friendship means the world to me as well.

    ReplyDelete

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM