Mother of an incarcerated son - KEPT AWAY FROM FLESH & BLOOD: PART II

DNA RESULTS COME BACK...she is OURS!!




Yes, this beautiful little princess belongs to the VANN CLAN!! With looks like that I should have known, no matter how much I prayed against it, she truly exhibited the genes only COOPER blood could make mixed with a little bit of Vann. Why did I pray against it you ask? (if you read PART I you already know) I already knew what I was up against considering our past situation and the fact that we (her mother and I) have NO type of relationship whatsoever and probably never will which means I'd probably never have the relationship with this grand-daughter that I have with Daysha. Drama'd out situations usually don't get better when the lifestyles of those involved don't mesh. The thought of that saddened me (still does to this day) but yet I prayed. I knew if ANYONE could change that my FATHER could!!

**REWIND** She would cry the entire time when she would come to visit. I didn't allow her to be dropped off initially because this was new to all of us, including the baby who was just a little older than 6 months old when she was actually said to be ours and now older than 1 at confirmation point. I don't believe in traumatizing children like that. Yes, she had to learn us, true enough, but leaving her with what she saw as "strangers" was not the answer in my eyes.

**FAST FORWARD** When ever Daysha was over I'd ask for her to come so that the sisters could get to know one another. It was difficult with everyone being car-less, both mothers of my grand-daughters and myself but one thing I will say is if Daysha's mom needed me or I wanted Daysha WE made way for it to happen. I can't say that much for the other mother. There was ALWAYS some type of excuse when it was time for her to come visit but had no problems making a way to go out or anywhere else they wanted to go...most times leaving my grand-daughter with others. It was amazing to me how I was the "bad person" in this situation because I spent more time with Daysha but that wasn't my fault.

We, Daysha's mother, other nana and I, formed a family unit. They understood my son would not be here to help with my grand-daughter for the next 5 years so a bond was formed to assure that Daysha knew her fathers family. Our bond is so strong that I can stay the night as often as I please provided the spare room is available. Holidays when I can't go home to VA and be with my family...they take me in. That is the type of relationship any nana wishes for especially since your son and grand-daughter's mothers aren't together.


Goodness my son makes some beautiful children. So many resemblances down to the facial expressions!*laughs* These are nana's babies! They are indeed my GOD SENDS! I asked for them and here they are...that was my thought process in all of this.

It took a little time before I felt she was ready to stay over and when she did she was fine! It wasn't until after she began visiting with her father, my son, that things seems to get "funny". If I wanted her for a weekend, on a good day, I'd get her provided her mother didn't change plans on me last minute or just neglect to call and say she's not coming. I'd call and text with NO kind of response and when I finally DID speak to her it was "Oh Miss Chanel I am sorry, my family had plans" or "Oh Miss Chanel, my lil cousin was having a birthday party", etc. etc. Ok, did you not know these things were going on BEFORE you agreed to let me keep her? My daughter and I would change plans and make arrangements to have her but people aren't as considerate to our efforts is how I felt. This is the type of stuff I had to deal with ALL the time yet I could see you posting status about "working" in Tampa or Miami or wherever else you wanted to go WITHOUT my grand-baby sooooooooo where was she??? Who was keeping her? Why did you never call me or my daughter to watch her while you went away? Was getting to know the other side of her family REALLY important to you OR did you just want to show folk who your "baby daddy" was with a few prison pictures?

*FAST FORWARD* I can't do this anymore, raising a baby...not by myself. My extended hand in help went ignored! PART III


***NANA LOVES YOU MI'JAEL C VANN***

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM