Mother of an incarcerated son - OPERATION RELOCATION

I was fresh off of a weeks vacation from home (Virginia) and I was feeling some kind of way about my remaining time in Jacksonville. My son and I have talked on a number of occasions about relocation but relocating back to VA was never an option (probably really on my behalf) in any of them but this most recent visit home made me realize how much I missed being home...with family. It rekindled an old flame and simply made me feel like I wanted to be there more so than anywhere else.

*REWIND* I remember attempting twice to relocate back to VA. It seems every time I would start making preparations (job hunting, apartment hunting, etc) the devil would stick his ugly head in and make sure I was stuck here! In 2007 was Dante's first arrest and then again in 2009. It seems that whatever GOD had for me was NOT in VA but right here. *FAST FORWARD*

My parents are up in age and health not the greatest so I would love to spend more time with them but then I think of my grand-daughter, how much I'd miss Daysha. It's tough thinking about leaving this little lady who's life I have been a part of since the day she was pulled out of her mothers belly but I know by the time her father comes home she'll be in Pre-K or K so I'll just get her on holidays and summer vacations. I can dig that!

So I receive a letter today (11/15/11) from my son and he says he is ALL FOR going back home, home is where the heart is, where there is love. He knows, aside from his daughter(s), there is NO love in this city for him, there are folk locked up and on the street who wish him a horrible ending.

It truly made me cry and smile at the same time when I read the letter. I am so glad to know that I can finally go back home for a while. I have gotten the taste of living away from home now so to up and relocate again will not be as hard, thank GOD. My son's incarceration has opened doors for both he and I, this time we'll just be sure to walk through the RIGHT ONE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM