Loc'd for 50

So yea, I did a thing. Actually, my daughter did a thing for me. I had been talking about loc'ing but I was also procrastinating heavily about it. First I said I wanted to let my hair grow longer but the more I saw my growing afro I wanted to go sit in my barbers chair and get another BIG CHOP! This would be my 4th or 5th, I can't keep up.

Then I said I wanted loc extensions BUT when my loctician told me to purchase human hair, well, that ended that idea. You see, I am BIG on energy and my not knowing who this human hair once belonged to vexxed me. I needed to know how this person lived. Did they take care of themselves? Did they smoke, drink or do any type of drugs? What type of things were they into period. I did NOT want any negative energy tied to my soon to be growing locs so THAT was out.

And then, and then and then, and then ... I could go on but all the "and then" did was cause major delays in the process. I said I wanted to get these loc's going during my #Journeyto50 and at the rate I was going it wasn't going to happen. I have to thank my daughter DeeDee for pushing the gas pedal on this process. She sat down and coiled my hair for me so I could see how I'd like this stage. I hear so many people talk about the ugly stage and for me, that could only be the extra short starter locs.

I've seen so many young men, some grown men too, walking about with those wicks in their heads. They truly look like little candle wicks and I was NOT going to do that but once she was done and I fine tuned a few pieces I FELL IN LOVE!! Want to see?

Listen, ALL I need now is an AWESOME eyebrow makeover! I will have that done sooner than later but let me hear what you all think about my starter locs. I am excited to begin this journey. September 16, 2011 is my natural hairversary and now September 26 will be my locversary. I have been transitioning in a major way these past 2 years. Enjoy this part of the journey with me. Maybe I'll inspire you to join me. #LocNation

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Loc Fam my love. Your journey is beautiful already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started My Loc Journey last October. I have two grades of hair. The front of my hair is fine and soft. The back of my hair is coarse. The front of my hair is taking longer than I expected to loc and I find myself getting frustrated and wanting to cut it All Off. I haven’t given up yet and My Loc Sisters keep encouraging me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hair is the same Lo but reversed, softer in back and more coarse towards the front. We are 2 days old over here. Hopefully it'll go smoothly. Have they been unravelling? How'd you start? Coils, 2 strand or interlock?

    ReplyDelete

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM