Mother of an incarcerated son: Psalms 91 - Prayer for Protection

I look at situations from so many different angles, sometimes I confuse myself in doing so. I was raised to look at ALL situations and find the positive in them, there is ALWAYS a positive in EVERY negative situation...ALWAYS! I came home from work today to find a letter from my son. I love getting them but as always the very first thing I look at is the address to see if he has moved and just as sure as my name is what it is he had been moved. *sigh* My heart immediately dropped out of my chest, tears began to form and my mind began to race. What if where he goes it's worse than where he was? What if, as a result of why he was moved, the guards in the new facility treat him badly? What if his cell mate doesn't like him and does everything in his power to harm him or have him harmed? My son is no punk by far and sometimes that is what scares me the most. He is not backing down or up for anyone or anything. These are the things that goes through the minds of mother's of incarcerated children. It's times like these that I almost hate being a mother and wish I were a father instead. It seems SO easy for men to just let go when children, especially boys, don't act right. I've had so many men tell me things that I, as a mother, as a woman, as the nurturer GOD created me to be could not fathom doing towards my son. I resented a lot of the men in my life for some of the "advice" but see now, those things weren't said to hurt me, my feelings or my relationship with me son but to wake me up and my son as well. No matter how much I hurt, cry, feel any kind of way about this situation the outcome will remain the same so why stress and depress myself when it does no good? Well...why you ask? Because I am a mother and that is what we do but I am praying to do better. The move was prompted by a "prison uprising" by inmates due to what they felt was unfair treatment in the facility. The facility is supposedly not feeding the inmates properly and according to the law, depriving those who could afford canteen of that privilege as well as recreation. I have never been incarcerated so I can't feel one way or another about those allegations but I will say it hurts to read these letters referencing unfair treatment. I know they are incarcerated and certain "luxuries" they will not be allowed to have but if the prison offers these said "luxuries" then why not provide them to those that deserve? *shrugs* I am just a mother who loves her troubled, incarcerated son so what do I know? At this point I have to continue praying for protection and sanity for my son and for myself for I know when ever you move closer to GOD and HE has a greater purpose and plan for your life than this world could imagine the devil and his minions move in to destroy...NOT ON MY WATCH! As the tears roll down my face I know that we are covered and I seek all comfort and refuge in my Father and will constantly remind my son to do the same. Psalms 91:2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Anyone wanting to write my son or send a few words of encouragement here's the address: Dante' Vann #J34342 Y1108 Madison Correctional Institution 382 S.W. MCI Way Madison, FL 32340

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM