Do we REALLY want the TRUTH ladies?

I read an article this morning where a woman went on a date with a man she'd met on the dating app Tinder. The date went very well according to the article and she was looking forward to the next date. The next day, she received a message from him saying how he had enjoyed himself and how attracted to her he was accept for one thing ... her shape. Apparently she was a little bigger than he liked his women. He was very tactful, non-offensive in how he put his words. He praised her on the things he enjoyed about her BUT her size was an issue for him. I read the comments by many women and they were appalled at his message and had nothing nice to say about the man. Ladies, I have one question ...

I commented and made it known how, personally, I applaud him. He was preventing her from future heartache. He could have very well taken advantage of the situation to get all he could out of it and then left her heartbroken. He was truthful, honest and no one seemed to appreciate that. So tell me ladies ...

We say we want men to be honest, but do we really? The man mentioned in the above story could have been that woman's motivation to eat better, work out and get healthy. Most men are afraid to mention a woman's weight, even if they are married, for fear of the back lash they will receive but you can best believe we have no problem letting him know how we feel about his weight. If you are happy with you and your size simply say that but why get nasty about it? Getting uptight is a defense mechanism in my opinion (NOTE: MY OPINION) but if you are comfortable in the skin you're in why get defensive because your mate or an interested suitor says something about it?

Let me switch the TRUTH gear and share a quick personal story with you all. I was at work this past Sunday and had a very truthful encounter with an older man. Let me first say I work at a men's store in the suit department so my day is spent assisting men look their best. Now back to the story. He told me he was looking for an inexpensive black suit as he is a mortician and wears them often. So I quickly took him over to one of our Lineage brand suits which was only $99. He had a small stature so I put him in a slim fit cut. He was absolutely pleased with the cut of the jacket so I sent him into the fitting room to try the pants on. When he came out this is how the conversation went:

Him: How do these look? These pants look ok?

Me: (enthusiastically) Yes sir, they're fine.

Him: Are you married?

Me: No sir, I'm not.

Him: I'm single, gimme your number and lets have dinner.

Me: (very hard side eye) Sir, go change your pants!!

He was forthcoming and honest, for that I commend him. He was right out with what he felt he wanted and that left no room for error or misunderstanding. I am sure had I been attracted to this older man my last response would not have been the same but I was not nasty when he approached and asked again. I simply told him no he could not have my number but nonetheless I appreciated him for his truthfulness and every other man who does the same.

At my age, I only want a man who is forthcoming, one who is honest about his intentions for me and let me decide if I want to partake of said activity. Don't pretend you want to spend time, hang out, do things like you are interested in me if what you want does not require all of that.

If my size or shape is an issue for you

If my natural hair is not what you like

If you would like to go out on a date

If you want to date exclusively

If you just want to "CRUSH"

We have men out here lying to get things because of how we respond to truths. So ladies, tell me, can we truly handle that? Speaking for me and me only, I will say YES I CAN!! When a man is truthful about his intentions why can we not just embrace it and respond accordingly without attitude? The real men want to know.

Talk to me ladies.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome but, all too​ common the "Truth" will destroy the calm, rational, respectful and inside voice exchange. There's so many interactions that end poorly or never happen because it's common place to respond poorly to the truth. It was still awesome to see you're above the foolishness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand why we all can't just get along truthfully Tim. I'm truly in awe at how we'd rather be lied to.

      Delete

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM