13 Reasons Why ...

FINALLY completed the "13 Reasons Why" series ... I'll keep my personal comments and thoughts to myself because I truly don't want the exchange that will no doubt come with it. I will say this ... I think every parent with of age/school age children should watch this together, 2 episodes at a time and have a Q&A session immediately after.

Bullying, of any kind, is unacceptable. Rape is NEVER ok, under any circumstances ... rather alcohol is involved, no matter how anyone is dressed, or whatever the situation is that makes a male feel it is ok when ABSOLUTELY it is NOT!

Parents show your children love daily. Teach them how important and loved they are. Tell your daughters how beautiful they are every chance you get. Females are emotional by nature and it doesn't take much to push her to the edge.

Tell your children how proud of them you are, even when they do things that lets you down. Show positivity in negative times as well.

As a parent it hurts like hell to look back at things and see the marks you missed that, if addressed, could have made all the positive difference in the world.

Some of the things we as parents do indirectly effect our children directly and most times we don't know ... until it's too late.

Talk to your children often, EVERY chance you get. Make sure they know the lines of communication are always open. Share some of the school issues you may have experienced, if there were any. This could bring comfort to them in their present situation. Something as small as sharing could prevent a tragedy. All tragedies don't end in death but some do so do all you possibly can to prevent the ultimate nightmare for your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM