Mother of an Incarcerated Son: Transition

Ever had missed calls from odd numbers and soon as you saw them you knew that they were associated to something that could go either way (good or bad) if called back? Well that is what happens to me often and what happened to me on Friday night, August 24th.

After working a 9.5 hour shift, thinking I was going to get off and just go home to get in my bed and prepare for the next work day I see I have a missed call at about 6:20 p.m. from an 805 number and a voice mail associated to that number. I immediately knew, felt in my heart of hearts, that it was in reference to my son ... I was right.

The call was from a woman advising that my son had been transferred to another facility. (I was praying so hard that he would be kept at Madison C.I. but GOD'S WILL BE DONE!!) The woman that called didn't leave a name, just said Dante's been transferred & hung up. It was so impersonal BUT she didn't have to call at all and I took that into consideration. I will say her random act of kindness to keep me informed about my sons situation made me happy so I called her back to tell her thank you. I did not get an answer so I left a message of my gratitude.

I have NO clue as to why Dante' was moved nor could the Officers answering the phone at Madison tell me but after calling I immediately went to my Father in prayer and received joy in knowing whatever the situation is MY GOD HAS IT UNDER CONTROL!! When I asked where my son had been moved to I was told the R.M.C. facility but not which one so when I arrived home the first thing I did was check the Florida Dept. of Corrections site. Who ever updates the site must have been off because it still showed my son's location as Madison C.I.

I was going to leave it at that and wait until Monday to find out where they'd moved my son BUT my soul couldn't rest until I made another call. I called the R.M.C. Main Unit in Lake Butler and was advised he had been placed in the West Unit so I called the West Unit. GOD YOU'RE AWESOME I've located my son and he is actually closer to home. The officer there had no info as to why he had been moved either BUT did tell me that he could have visits which let me know he was not moved for any trouble ... YES!!! *happy mom dance going on* FATHER I THANK YOU At that very moment I could see, could feel, a visit for the weekend. How I was going to get there I didn't even know but what I did know was if it was meant for me to see my son nothing or no one could stop that from happening!

Saturday (August 25th), I went to work with my son on my mind. I knew I had to see him but how I was going to do it I didn't know. I prayed about it and left it with my Father. I had an awesome day at work, very busy ... folk spending money and the crew all enjoying themselves. It was the beginning of a great day starting with an awesome PRAISE AND WORSHIP, as always. I knew everything would be alright and if it is meant I'd be heading to Lake Butler to see my son Sunday. During my first 15 minute break I, again, had a missed call from an unknown number with a voice mail attached to it and once again I knew it had to do with me son. This call was from a different woman, she wasn't so short in her message and she called because Dante' had asked her to contact me about visiting him. I don't like those calls because I feel like he has gotten his hopes up for a visit and if I can't make it he is saddened so now my mind is back on getting there. I called the number back and spoke with the woman, she too is a mother of an incarcerated son. I thanked her for the call and asked her if she spoke to her son again if she could pass the message that I'd be there if I could get there. She was so kind. GOD IS GOOD!

After work, I spent some time with one of my Vi Divas Kayla, having girl talk and eating. We began talking about our sons and found out our sons are around the corner from one another (mine in prison and hers with a relative) so she offered to take me to see my son so she could visit her son. GLORY GLORY GLORY TO GOD!! One thing I know, when you give something to the Father and LEAVE it there for Him to work out HE WILL!! I went to bed Saturday with the lightest heart and a smile on my face! THANK YOU FATHER!! I woke up the next morning so full of joy! You know it's going to be an AMAZING day when you can't stop crying long enough to apply a little eyeliner!! *tears of joy* I had to thank my FATHER for the people He's constantly placing in my life and even those He removes! Sunday, after ALL of the random calls, prison calling and praying I headed to see my #1 earthly man, Dante' Vann! I couldn't thank Kayla enough ... she will be blessed for what she thought was such a small deed! We hit I-10 with a vengeance, ended up getting lost and shortening our time with our sons but once we made it ... it was ALL love!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY SWEET GOD!!!!!! CHANEL, WHEN I SEE YOU, YOU BEST BE READY FOR A GIGANTIC, TIGHT ((((((HUG)))))!!!! GIRL, YOU BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES BECAUSE I KNOW HOW AWESOME OUR FATHER GOD IS!!!! "PRAISE GOD" TO THE FULLEST!!!! HE WILL WORK IT OUT!!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND THANK GOD FOR GIVING YOU THE WILL TO WRITE THESE BLOGS. THROUGH YOUR WORDS AND YOUR LOVING HEART, GOD IS WORKING THROUGH ME!!!! I HAVE BEEN UPLIFTED BY THIS BLOG AND THE RE-ENTRY BLOG. MY SON, ANDRE' HARDY, JR., HAS TO FOREFILL 5 MORE YEARS-ACCORDING TO MAN. HE IS NOW IN THE TOUGHEST PRISON FACILITY-ACCORDING TO PREVIOUS INMATES-FLORIDA STATE PRISON. THE GUARDS ARE TRYING HIS TEMPER AND HIS DEMEANOR SO HARD. I'M SURE IN A WAY THEIR TRYING TO TEACH HIM TO CONTROL HIS ANGER AND MAKE HIM A BETTER MAN; BUT TO HARASS HIM TO GIVE HIM MORE TIME-IS PLAIN OLE DECEPTION AND EVIL.

    YOU SAID THAT YOU AND YOUR FRIEND GOT LOST AND IT SHORTENED YOUR VISITATION TIME. I AM A WITNESS SIS., GOD MADE SURE YOU BOTH GOT THERE AT THE APPOINTED TIME AND THE TIME YOU BOTH SPENT WITH YOUR SONS, WAS ALL THAT HE REQUIRED.

    I LOVE YOU SOOOOOO MUCH, SISTAH CHANEL(WITH TEARS IN MY EYES)....WE WILL MAKE IT THROUGH!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we will Helen! GOD is going to see to it! We will get through and our sons will get through! Just stay in prayer Helen! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM