Mr. Walmart - Chivalry is not TOTALLY dead!

Today, I had an awesome experience in one of our local Walmart's. As I walked towards the aisle for bottled water, a very neat, casually dressed man and I crossed paths. It seems that after that first encounter we continued to cross paths for the duration of our time in the store and nodded in acknowledgement each time we did. At check out I placed my banana and water on the belt as did he. He pushed his banana next to mine as if signaling for me to purchase it for him. I giggled (yes giggled) because I thought it was cute but I smiled and slid mine forward, paid & walked out. **SN: He did have a $20 bill in his hand which I found out later was for his AND my purchase**

As I departed Walmart and walked across the street to Center Stage barbershop a car slowly rolled up behind me, it was Mr Walmart. He drove up, stopped, complimented me and asked if I was from Jacksonville, when told no he advised could tell. He then asked if he could call me since I did not allow him to pay for my items. I, of course, gave him my VI business card and moved on. A few minutes later Mr Walmart calls and asked me 3 questions:

1. Do I aspire to marry?

2. Do I have a church home?

3. Do I have a relationship with GOD?

After answering yes to 2 out of 3 questions, he advised I 'passed' and asked if he could call me after work. Nice approach ... let's see how this goes. I will say I love how he asked if he could call after work instead of simply saying I will call. That, to me, shows he is mindful of my interest or lack there of. This was an extremely interesting experience for me as I've not been approached by a man in this manner EVER! There are still gentlemen in the world I see and though it was only an initial meeting in Walmart and his approach was absolutely flawless I know 1 thing for certain and 2 things for sure ... even the slickest slickster knows the Father and how to use his knowledge thereof to his benefit. I won't focus on that though, I will simply let GOD be the guide for anything beyond this meeting.

By the way, he was attractive! *smile* Stay tuned for the 1st call ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM