Juice Day!!! #21DayVeganChallenge

Greeting Kweens and Kings! It's day 16 of my #21DayVeganChallenge and I am down 10 lbs total since August 1st, when the challenge began. The administrator likes to throw in twist during our challenge and on Monday, Day 14, our twist was to go all day on juice only. They could be smoothies or fresh juicing as well as water, of course. You have to stay hydrated.

When I started this challenge I weighed 190 lbs. My goal is to lose 12 lbs. The previous 2 challenges I was only able to lose 9 lbs both times. This time I have a weapon ... JUICING!!

I have noticed QUITE the difference in this challenge with the addition of juicing. I have thoroughly enjoyed them although they are an acquired taste. I was looking for the Bolthouse Farms tasting drinks but OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO!! Not even so I add a little agave nectar when I make them. My kitchen smells like the lawn man has handed me a handful of grass, freshly cut, out of the catching bag and the clean up is another story in itself BUT I wouldn't trade it for the world.

So, on to the juice day which was an absolute success as a result of my new found love for juicing. I have to say I did miss chewing my food. I didn't even chew gum and for those that know me, they KNOW I am a habitual gum chewer so this was tough but I made it through. I had a smoothie for breakfast and post-workout, the rest of my day was all juice and lemon water.

I do not like beets, no matter how they are prepared, so that particular juice blend was not high on the list to drink. They smell like dirt and taste like dirt too BUT in all honesty, it ended up being one of the better tasting blends. I will be revisiting that drink and soon. I lost 1.5 lbs. on that day making my total weight loss on the challenge 9.5 lbs. The plan is to remain in the vegan lifestyle after this challenge is over and I am looking forward to it!!

So tell me, what are you doing for your health???

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM