Mother of an incarcerated son - Where's my sons mail?

I received a letter from my son and the tone has had me in tears since reading it Monday. He was really in his feelings at the fact that he had not heard from me in 2 weeks. I have received letter after letter from him AND I have responded but for whatever reason he has not receieved my letters.

He knows I catch the bus, he knows its me, myself and I and this is what has him worried the most. He asked did I lie about my circumstances...what am I hiding from him? Is my health ok? Is anyone trying to hurt me, bothering me, after me?

My son is in confinement and has been since February. The thought of him sitting in the 4x4 cell with only a cot, toilet & his sanity wondering if his mother (the ONLY constant contact he has)  is ok has really put a damper on my usually high spirit.

I called Madison CI this morning and spoke to Ms Tompkins, his Classification Officer, and advised her of the situation. Yes I was crying, couldn't help it, and I am praying she really gives him the message.

His birthday is April 9th, he will be 23 and to think he's spent most of his young adult life (since age 17) incarcerated hurts like hell. I am praying he gets the birthday card I bought.

Thanks for listening...I just needed to vent. Its been a minute since I've blogged.

4 comments:

  1. when does he get out also is he allowed to get on the internet if so tell him to set up a page i bookmarked your site keep the faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. His release date is 11/2014 and no unfortunately he does not have internet access. I sure wish he did. Thank you for the encouraging words. God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reply and he will be out soon stay stong and dont forget that your always still connected with him threw your spirit keep the faith I am sure that he is proud of you for being a strong positive person in this world

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I appreciate your kind words. Being positive is the only way to get by. =) God bless.

    ReplyDelete

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM