Mother of an incarcerated son: Back in GP

My son is finally out of confinement and back in GP (general population), where he'd been since February after being shipped from Mayo Correctional Institution to Madison Correctional Institution. The travel time to the new location is about the same, thank GOD for that. I can't wait to see him.

I have been SO "in my feelings" here lately. I'm having MOMMY MOMENTS all the time that are out of this world! I am missing my son like crazy! Thank GOD I can talk to my daughter at any time or I'd really be messed up. I think these MOMMY MOMENTS are so frequent now because my son is now out of confinement and I haven't seen him since Christmas ... MAMA'S READY TO SEE HER SON!

As I was traveling to work one day the Lord showed me JUST how great and powerful HE is!! I was truly in a daze all that morning, listening to my Tye Tribbet radio on Pandora and just as I felt like breaking down and crying what song comes on? "More Than I Can Bear by Kirk Franklin and God's Property" which was immediately followed by "Look Up - Tye Tribbet and GA". I knew RIGHT then that day was going to be a GREAT day and every day following that!

I've since received 2 letters from my son, they made me sad to a degree but I know GOD does things for the reasons I am seeing through his letters. He has truly found who his "friends" are...those he felt like he "took care of" when he was out on the streets (whatever THAT means) are the ones he says fell off first. He's half way done with his bid and he knows, understands that tough part is what's REALLY coming up.

One thing he won't have to worry about is Chanel V Tillman leaving his side! Any mother/parent who leaves their child in the time of need is not a real parent and that's just my thoughts. I will not be an enabler but I will be his guidance alongside my Father, his Father, OUR FATHER! As my struggle and Dante's journey continues I ask for continued prayers...Lord knows they are desired and required.

Thank you for reading, commenting and simply listening to my innermost thoughts once again. It's almost over and all that I am going through now will cease to exist...the new me that my FATHER is molding now will shine like the North star the day Jesus was born! WATCH!!! Love you Dante'!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your story. It really has encourage me, my son is also away but not in the prison system but juvenile but I miss him so much this is the first time I have ever been seperated from my son. I know GOD has always been with us but it still hurts when I can't see or hear from him.I haven't see my son since he left in January. I am just praying that he get his life together before things turn for the worst. Thanks again for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are more than welcome. May GOD continue to strengthen you as you go through with your son. Stay prayed up and try not to worry. So easy to say but the mother in us makes it so hard to do. You are more than welcome.

    ReplyDelete

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM