LIFE

Dealt a bad hand from birth
the color of my skin
society felt I'm not worth
the world "THEY" live in
double minority I am labeled
not only am I black
I am a woman but able
double threat held me back
God grant me the wisdom
to change the things I see
and make the result
a better life for we
education is a must
if planning moves ahead
life doesn't have to be unjust
step to the game instead
No excuses anymore
for being "held behind"
too many opportunities
cease the walking blind
Take your chance
to win your fight
if you plan to have
a better LIFE.


Copyright ©2003 Chanel Vann Tillman

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM