Emotionally and Mentally Overwhelmed - Time to Meditate!!

My friends, I was so emotionally and mentally heavy today. There seems to be so much going on in and around my life right now; from my son's reentry into the prison system, my mom's illnesses and my not being able to be there with and for her, my daughter's anxiety to my own mountain of issues while trying to take on theirs. I say it often, control the controllable but NEVER follow my own words. Well, it all caught up with me today and came rushing like a mudslide down a mountainside.

I had not meditated in awhile and it showed. I cried during my mediation. That had not happened since I first started the practice and with everything I have on my mind I was not surprised at all. I knew I needed to pull from several sources of positive energy to get through my meditation so I gathered my favorite stones and added some Palo Santo to the mix. Below is my make shift "meditation altar". I will provide a description of what you see below but before I do I have a question for those of you who meditate ... please comment your answer. When you meditate, with your eyes closed, do you see shadows moving about? As if someone(s) are moving, dancing around you? Do you feel an unexplained presence watching over you? This has happened before during meditation and it happened again today. I am curious if this is my experience only.

This was my first time using Palo Santo. The combination of it and my White Sage was very calming and emitted a mild, pleasant smelling aroma. I will need to purchase a dish for the burning of the Palo Santo as it burned my wooden one I used for my sage. #LessonLearned

My 180 count string of Mala beads for chanting is shown around my gems. As I slid each bead I chanted my desire, my need aloud. The more I chanted, the stronger my voice became. I felt that 'say it like you mean it' spirit overcome me! #AllIsWell #WillandIntent

My Kunzite for my heart chakra, my Lepidolite for my heart and 3rd eye chakras & my Lithium Quartz for all of my chakras. So needless to say my chakras were covered.

My Yellow (empowerment) candle burned for success in school (12 credit hours to go), increase in focus & intuition and to enhance communication in my relationship.

My Green candle symbolizes the growth I desire in every sense of the word growth. It attracts abundance, prosperity, & health.

After completing my meditation, I was able to concentrate on completing my blogs and writing my son. I did not want to do either with a heavy heart and mind. Those heavy feelings could have been reflected in my words which is never my intention when blogging. I must get back to the practice of meditation on a daily basis ... meditation is life! If you have never tried it I recommend that you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM