Tribulation House

I was invited to attend an event recently; one like I had never experienced. When asked to attend all I understood, with my selective hearing, was some sort of ‘walk-through’ event. I immediately thought haunted house since it was so close to Halloween. Since I had no Friday evening plans I attended and glad that I did.

Upon arrival there were cars backed up awaiting parking and people of all ages walking around. The parking attendant asked each person if they had reservations; if they did they were passed through, if they did not they were told they could wait to see if someone no shows or instructed to call for reservations. This had to be one awesome haunted house for such a large turn out and the fact that it was FREE was an added bonus. There was food for sale and on-site child care for children under 10 as well. As I observed the scene around me I noted we were at a church. Most churches do not participate in Halloween with haunted houses so I asked again what were we attending and was told the “Tribulation House”.

Annually, the week of Halloween, Old Plank Road Baptist Church on the west side of Jacksonville puts on an event that provides clarity to what is written in the Book of Revelation about the end of times. The event is a walk through production that depicts, scene by scene, what the end of times, according to Revelations, would be like in an unforgettable, potentially life changing manner. What is the Tribulation? It is a future time period when the Lord will judge the unbelieving inhabitants of the world also known as the end of times.

The drama is called “The Choice” and presents attendees with what the Bible says the results would be, dependent on the choice made. If you have never read the Book of Revelations or the Bible, for that matter, but have heard of the end of time event referred to as the rapture and depicted very well in the “Left Behind” Christian film series this will put it all in perspective. As I walked through this very emotional 45 minute to an hour long production I was enlightened, educated and frightened all at the same time. There was crying, yelling, shooting and scenes full of graphic material which gave clarity as to why children under 10 were provided daycare.

We experienced the hell on earth after the rapture, came upon the Book of Life, and encountered Satan followed by an experience with Jesus. It is my understanding that this has been an ongoing event for the past 20 years. I have resided in Jacksonville for 14 of those years and never heard of the Tribulation House. This is what I call a true outreach ministry. I cannot say what this production will do for the next person but I rededicated my life to Christ as a result of this phenomenal experience. I encourage everyone to attend, regardless of your religious or spiritual preferences, when the time comes. There is one more day before you will have to wait until next year so don’t delay, make “THE CHOICE” today!



This video, as it said, it from 2008. Each year the opening scene changes. This year it was similar to "The Voice" hence the name "The Choice".







No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM