Mother Of An Incarcerated Son: He is DESTINED for greatness ... I KNOW IT!

I can't begin to explain how happy I am at this very moment. I was finally able to see my son after 10 months. I hadn't realized how close to a year it had been and I must say I had an ABSOLUTELY wonderful visit with my son on Saturday! The smile on my face truly reflects how I feel/felt at that moment and now! I'm in love ALL over again with my 1st born, that feeling I had when I first laid eyes on his little chubby face.

It was April 9th, 1989 at 2:06 p.m. when this little trouble maker made his way in to this crazy world. Weighing in at 7 lbs 7.5 oz and 21 inches long he gave me labor hell for almost 24 hours. Upon arrival to the hospital my labor slowed down and *in Jennifer Holiday's voice* I AM TELLING YOU, I'M NOT GOING is what I felt he was telling us! I had an all natural child birth, no epidural so to endure such pain for almost 24 hours, worsening as the evening/night when on, was a bit much. This child had better be something GREAT was my thought because this had to be the work of the devil! He didn't want him to come and he wanted me to suffer ... 1 of the 2 happened because I SUFFERED! *wipes forehead* GOD showed me a vision when Dante' was 10, he was standing in a pulpit in front of a lot of people speaking. My Father has a purpose for Dante', that's why I know he is destined for greatness and this place he is in is TEMPORARY!

As for yesterdays visit, I cried but WE laughed, sang, rapped, and I had another chance to love on my son. I can't thank the Lord enough for His delegation of giving birth to THIS young man. As painful as this test is it's just as much for me as it is for Dante'. I've come a LONG way and I'm stronger now than I ever imagined I could be. Dante' and I will both have testimonies after this test and a spirit filled message after this mess! I am so thankful for the making of our visit possible because it almost didn't happen. This is not his final place and this 66 month sentence is going to make him a better person. IT'S CLAIMED IN THE ALMIGHTY NAME! Lord I thank You.

I'm just one grateful individual right now because things could be so much worse! I could be visiting a grave and placing flowers but my Father has seen that NOT to be so. God has placed some wonderful people in my life during some of what I've felt were the worst times in my life. They are not only blood related but non-blood related as well and with that said I have to show my gratitude to 2 of the most recent, Kayla, for getting me there. She sat outside in her car and waited for me the entire time and that takes a real person who is looking out for your best interest and heart. Kayla and Johnica ... Lord I love you for them and I love y'all!! I'm a happy mom right now!! He looks well, sounds well and was full of love, jokes and knowledge for good ole mom! It's almost over, August 2014 can't get here quick enough so until then I ask for continued prayers for us both. As always, thank you for allowing me to place my joy and pains on your shoulders through words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM