Mother of an Incarcerated son - Zimmerman Verdict

I've been sitting here in straight tears as I deal with these depressing feelings since the verdict was given Saturday. As a 12 year resident of Florida and all of its high profile court cases it just gets to me that my son was sentenced to serve 66 months in a Florida State prison for the theft of a vehicle and V.O.P. YET Zimmerman can murder a child and get acquitted. WTF MAN??? I am in AWE at this judicial system .... Totally in freakin' awe!!

I am by no means saying my son is a saint, I know he isn't and he must accept the punishment for the crime he committed. My perplexion comes at the fact that there was no weapon in his crime nor did anyone get hurt or killed. How does this warrant 5.5 years in prison? Zimmerman, on the other hand, murders a young man who he pursued, he created the situation then shoots him in the heart because Trayvon decided to stand HIS ground. He admits to shooting Trayvon YET he walks FREE!! HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN???

I know there is an issue of race in this case but right now this isn't about race, its about justice and fairness although no one ever said anything in life was fair. I can see, hug and speak to my son where the Martin's can not and for that I am forever grateful but it does not stop the pain. It's times like this that makes me wish I'd remained childless in this life.

I just want these tears to stop Father. These last 2 going on 3 nights have been filled with tears thinking of the life my son has chosen for himself and the time he is serving. I haven't and won't question You Lord because all things work together for the good and this I know. Dante's 66 month sentence is a part of Your work on him and I pray daily that he is listening and comes out with Your work on his mind.

In the meantime I'M SO DONE WITH FLORIDA and these U.S. laws NOT designed with 'US' in mind. Florida and its laws behoove me. It's so crazy how a dog has more rights than an African American citizen. I feel my son is truly in a world of trouble if he stays in Fl upon his release with his ex-felon record. I pray he will listen to this verdict and want to get out of the south. I am so detesting this state and its laws. I'm out of Florida in 2015, I am done ... so done. This is my first and last blog on this case, it's in GODS hands now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM