Asshole Mode - could asthma be the cause?

I missed posting my blog on yesterday due to the assholish mood I was in. I needed a mood stabilizer as soon as I arrived home and once administered I was sleeping like I baby. As I mentioned in a previous blog, the past two to three weeks I had been dealing with an exacerbated episode with my asthma. Friday when I saw my PCP I was given a steroid injection and she added the inhaler Symbicort. This inhaler is used twice daily to control and prevent wheezing and shortness of breath. It contains Budesonide, a class of drugs known as corticosteroids which helps by reducing the irritation and swelling of the airways. This irritation and swelling is what made it difficult for me to breathe, no matter how many Albuterol nebulizer treatments I had or how many times I used my Ventolin inhaler. I am feeling better now, as better relates to my asthma, but I noticed a stronger than usual mood shift.

I was in one helluva cantankerous mood yesterday and everything out of my mouth was slick, smart and spoety! I noticed it gradually getting worst over the past few days but could not figure out why. I mean, those are things I do on a normal basis but it was heightened so I started looking into what I had done or had been done to me over the course of that time and VOILA ... steroids and/or the exacerbated asthma episode! So I decided to look into them both to see if either could be the cause.

My findings, after researching the steroid, are ones that I have begun experiencing since using the inhaler:

* a sore mouth or throat

* difficulty speaking or a hoarse or croaky voice

* a cough

There was nothing about this particular steroid that indicated mood swings or "roid rage". So I went on to see what are, if any, any effects asthma may have on ones mood.

It was shocking but easy to understand why asthma may be the reason. If you suffer from asthma and noticed that mood swings have become a common part of your life, there's a strong chance that the moodiness is actually a symptom of asthma. Asthma restricts the amount of oxygen that your body receives and a lack of proper oxygen levels, to the brain, can trigger reduced creation of various chemicals and reduce the range of operations in certain portions of the brain. These chemical imbalances can have a number of different impacts on your mental clarity which can trigger mood swings. Most times they are never even noticed and I would have to say they were not. I have suffered from depression for years so it was nothing for me to be moody almost every day but the increase recently was a bit alarming. I had to catch myself, on a number of occasions, from snapping for no reason on people.

So with that said, please sincerely accept

for anything I have said that may have offended or hurt anyone's feelings, it was not intentional but some of y'all ...

I meant EVERY WORD I SAID. You know who you are!

Now that I have gotten that out, I can move on with my day! Time for class. Have a great day folk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM