It was all a dream ... so what does it mean?

I was standing in YOUR kitchen at YOUR stove in YOUR place preparing YOUR meal. Nothing in this dream indicated if we were married, in a relationship or even together ... we just were. Playing softly in the background was the debut self titled album from the group Intro.

If you don't know, this here is one phenomenal album. 11 songs and all are listen worthy. Skipping a track isn't even a thought. Each track took me back to the days when music was music. When music was authentic. When music was pleasing to the ear and 1993 was a really good year for music. Tony! Toni! Toné! - Sons of Soul, Jodeci - Diary of a Mad Band, Babyface - For the Cool in You, R. Kelly - 12 Play, and one of my all time favorites Meshell Ndegeocello - Plantation Lullabies were all released in 1993 just to name a few. I was six songs into the album with no visitation to the kitchen which had the place smelling really good. What was I cooking? I have no clue but I do remember it was a pleasing aromatherapy. I was belting out the words to Intro's rendition of Stevie Wonder's RIBBON IN THE SKY when I felt a presence slowly creep up behind me but it was not until song #7 that I felt a pair of the softest hands on my skin.

As Kenny "G-Love" Greene began to softly speak the introduction to the song I felt your breath on my neck as you begin speaking them as well.

Hey baby Shh You don't have to say it, I know I know I haven't been there for you lately, I'm sorry It's not that I'm running out on you I wanna be into you You're all that I want You're all that I need So please Don't leave me.

Your hands slowly moved down my shoulders and my arms stopping around my waist. As that first beat dropped when Kenny finished his spill we swayed left to right to the smooth sound of DON'T LEAVE ME. His voice is so melodic as was yours. I was clueless that you could even sing but you sang every word, down to the adlibs. Halfway through the song you turned me around to face you and continued to sing as you looked into my eyes. You sang this song as though I had indicated I was leaving. You pulled me close to you and continued singing, caressing my face as you sang "baby don't leave me, you're all that I want, you're all that I need." I felt tears forming in my eyes. Your voice, your touch, everything about this moment was so emotion filled. The look in your eyes drew me closer and as the song drew to a close you took my hand and led me to YOUR room. That's when I woke up in MY bed. It felt so real but what topped it off is I don't remember you having a face, only eyes that revealed your soul. I saw what was in them. Every emotion, every feeling you had poured out of them but that is it.

I had just been speaking on how I don't remember any of my dreams these days and then this happens. One of my Facebook friends had posted a song from this album earlier in the evening and I started listening to it so this album being in my dream was not a surprise. Actually I am listening to it as I create this blog. I didn't get to sleep until about 5 a.m. and was awakened about 9:30ish so to have dreamed in that short amount of time has me perplexed especially since I had not been remembering any dreams.

I read this on one of these social sites. It actually crossed my feed a few times and now I wonder ... what's the message?

6 comments:

  1. I'm thinking maybe you have considered or been pondering on leaving this soul but he doesn't want you to and you find it hard to as well. Just a tug of war between your heart and your mind on what to do but a message showing you how HE feels, now it's up to you to decide knowing this information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had another thought as well...... your son! Maybe you feel as though you aren't there for him as you want to be or could be, the music is a connection but not the sexual as interpreted but rather the closeness a mother and son have. But he's begging you to not give up on him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure the first comment was correct. This person is really into you, he knows things have been a bit of a struggle however, he's working hard on giving you what you asked for. Just hold on... it won't be long. You never know what he has in mind but do know it's divine. IJS... Khep out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I took too much time getting this together. The dream became a nightmare. Why did I find myself here. Can't sleep, heart skipping beats. This is unreal, never thought we'd be here. I'll fight!!

    ReplyDelete

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM