The Unease of a Conceal Carrier

I have a question for my seasoned concealed carrier friends and family. I posed this to our gun owners group this morning but I would like to hear from others. How long did it take you to feel comfortable with carrying when you first started? Most people I know that carry are prior military or were around them growing up because their family were firearm owners so it's probably nothing for you, especially men. I am new to the conceal carry life, newly licensed and just recently purchased my second firearm. My M&P Bodyguard .380 (Redman) is my firearm for carrying because my M&P Shield compact 9 (Method Man) feels too bulky and heavy. #Redman and I were out and about today and I swear I felt like a target, a sitting duck awaiting something to happen and all eyes were on me. No you could not see my firearm, it was totally concealed but I felt like everyone could see it and I didn't feel any safer with it either. I had on a pair of jeans with Redman tucked safely in my sticky pocket holster which brings up another subject. When choosing a holster for concealment I became overwhelmed as there are so many ways to carry, from a purse or bag to on your person via a vest, waist band or pocket holster. Here are the choices I was torn between but chose neither. I can see the waist band coming very soon as I rock dresses in the summer and that pocket holster will not work.

In our group one of the members posted a few YouTube videos with incidents that involved women who carry. He did so in showing us women in the group how sitting in our cars once we arrive to our destinations or walking with our heads in our cell phones can be harmful to our well being. They showed how vulnerable we leave ourselves to an attacker. The women who carried in a purse ended up losing everything ... the purse which contained their firearm, wallet with identification, and house keys. At that point the robber can now come right to your house and walk in. Thank goodness no one lost their lives although one was pistol whipped pretty badly. So the point of this blog is two fold. 1) I want to find out from fellow conceal carriers does this feeling of unease or being a target while carrying last long? What was your time frame? 2) For my ladies, what is your choice of concealment for your firearm and why? Also if you have ANY tips please feel free to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

STORM REPORT

My Ancestral Visit

Today started out incredibly rough. I knew upon awakening that I wanted this day to be over expeditiously. My chest was heavy and my head be...

MOST ENJOYED STORM